4/11/2007

Co Workers

Ok. I thought I had some good co workers but now they are hounding me on the things I eat on break. I been trying hard to eat something healthy like granola cereal and fruit or bagels, but I like to eat a cookie once in awhile and When I do they yell. Escpecially this one guy who is in his 60's and has type 2 and on Pills. He just chewed me out because he saw me eating cookes even after I had a roast beef sandwhich and he went on and on bout how he was higher then normal this morning and he was mad because he didnt do anything to be high


I know I should speak up but I feel if I do they will get madder. What do you Suggest or Do??

even after eating I was 104 and when I woke up this morning was 164

4 comments:

Bernard said...

Tell them that if they don't comment about your diabetes, you won't tell them to stop eating high fat and high sugar stuff that might cause: cancer, heart disease, or Type 2 diabetes.

Alternately let them know you're an adult and you already have a mother.

Grr. This stuff is just annoying.

Sarah said...

I've had this issue and it ticks me off every single time. I go off on long monologues that detail the differences between type 1 and type 2 diabetes, and then I detail common misconceptions concerning type 1 diabetes treatment due to the fact that most media is aimed at type 2 diabetics, which just so happen to be over 90% of the diabetic population. I think my coworkers got tired of my monologues, because they stopped being openly critical.

Scott K. Johnson said...

I say take your lancing device and poke them right in the forehead with it. Bet they would leave you alone then!

I say that jokingly of course, but damn, wouldn't it be nice to be able to do that?!

Kris said...

I must say, I do like Scott's idea. lol

I get so mad when people assume that a person with T1 can never eat sweets. YOU are the one with D, I'm sure you know how to take care of yourself. It's sweet that they care but I'm sure it's annoying as well.